Thursday, October 9, 2008

Extrabux cashback - pays 45% profit on Ebay!

Along with I look at several other sites when shopping online to make sure that I am getting the maximum amount of cash back when I shop online. Another site that I use is Extrabux.
Extrabux is a nice program that has many of the same shops as other Cash Back Programs, but also includes many smaller sites that are not included in the other sites. For the most part, though, I use Extrabux for shopping on Ebay. Unlike other Cash Back Programs that give you a percentage of your purchase (usually 1%) on Ebay, Extrabux gives you 45% of the profit that Ebay makes from the sale. Thus, just as Ebay's profit is larger on smaller ticket items, so will your profit be.
For example, I often purchase Sephora gift cards on Ebay using Extrabux as my shopping portal. Since I usually purchase them in $25 increments, the profit percentage for Ebay is higher than if I purchased the gift cards in $100 increments. So, I purchase a $25 Sephora gift card on Ebay for $22 (a 12% savings), going through Extrabux (usually around 4% or 5%) and pay with my credit card through Paypal (around 1% or 2%). After all is said and done, I have purchased a Sephora gift card at a 17% to 19% discount.
To make it even better, I get 52% back using my different cash rewards when purchasing from http://www.sephora.com/ so I am getting paid twice for buying my stuff on Sephora; once for buying the card on Ebay, and again when using the card at Sephora.com. Sounds too good to be true but I promise you it's not! :)
For larger purchases the cash back earned through Extrabux is 2%.
Oh, to make it even better, Photobucketpays you $5 for each friend you refer!

No comments:

Followers